GENERAL TOURNAMENT RULES
- All qualification rounds will be played using the NBA 2K15 game for Sony PlayStation 4. The first tournament will be held in Amsterdam. And the second tournament will be held in Brussel. Check www.facebook.com/nba2kballee for more information.
- Registration is free.
- All players will play a minimum of 4 games per tourney:
- The length of playing time will be 3 minutes per quarter, except for the Championship Game, which will be 5 minutes per quarter.
- Only current NBA/NFL teams are allowed. Retro, Fantasy and/or All-Star Teams are prohibited. Please take note that the tournament is played with the latest NBA 2K15 update but not the online rosters.
- You are permitted to change teams during the tournament.
- You can also change your plays and coaches settings during the tournament.
- If two competing players want to play with the same team, then this is allowed.
- Players are encouraged to bring their own PS4 controller. The organization will not be responsible for any loss or damage to PS4 controllers brought by players.
- No food and drinks in the playing are. Also no own food and drinks at the locations.
- Preferred camera Views is 2K. But if two players want to play with Broadcast than this is allowed.
- Skill level is HALL OF FAME.
- MANUAL OR AUTOMATIC Substitutions, Time Outs, and Late Game Fouling are allowed but must be preset before the start of the game.
- No manual substitution via START button. Substitutions are only allowed in-game via D-Pad and during called Time Outs.
- Play Hard! Have Fun!
- Do not block the other player’s view.
- Touching the game console is prohibited.
- Only current NBA/NFL teams are allowed. Retro, Fantasy and/or All-Star Teams are prohibited.
- Team starting roster adjustments must be made before going into the game.
- We understand that trash talking comes naturally with this game, but let’s make sure we keep it within respectful bounds. No verbal or physical abuse is tolerated and is cause for immediate dismissal from the tournament. Continuance of this after a warning can result in dismissal from the premises and/or security involvement.
- Injuries/Player Fatigue will be on.
- If you pause the game (using the START button) or press the PS Menu button, you must burn a timeout as a penalty. If you have no timeouts left, you will be required to take a penalty (delay of game for offense, or out of bounds for the defense).
- If the game goes into overtime the competing individuals will be allowed to compete given the allotted time. The individual with the highest score at the end of the overtime game wins the game.
- In the event of an extreme scenario that has a big impact on the game like outage of power, accidental unplugging or some other event not in either player’s control that would not allow the participants to finish the game, the game will be completely restarted.
- Remember, once this happens you must pause the game immediately and call for the organization to come and review the play. DO NOT take the liberty of reviewing the play before contacting the organization.
PENALTIES FOR BREAKING THE RULES
- If you feel that your opponent is cheating, notify the organization. The organizations decision is final and you could be kicked out of the Tournament and all future official NBA 2K tournaments.
- Please refrain from using “in-your-face” foul language. Also, please be respectful of all other players. The organization have final say over what is “respectful”, and you may be disqualified from the tournament and removed from the location if you do not cooperate.
- Narcotic use of any kind is not permitted in the tournament facility.
- No sideline coaching is allowed. You may not offer advice to anyone playing a game.
- If you are more than 2 minutes late to a game’s posted time, you forfeit that game.
- If a player purposely turns off a game while it is in progress, that player will forfeit that game.
- No verbal or physical threats of violence to other tournament participants. This will result in your immediate disqualification from the tournament.
- We are not responsible for property stolen, broken or lost during the tournament.
- All decisions by the organization about any aspect of the tournament are final.
ADDITIONAL IN-GAME RULES
- WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO ADD, DELETE OR CHANGE RULES AT ANY TIME DURING THE TOURNAMENT, ESPECIALLY WHEN A NEW GLITCH IS FOUND.
- FURTHER, BY AGREEING TO PARTICIPATE IN THE FOLLOWING VIDEO GAME TOURNAMENT YOU UNDERSTAND THAT PICTURES FROM THE TOURNAMENT MAY BE POSTED FOR PROMOTIONAL PURPOSES AT THE COMPANY’S WEBSITE, SOCIAL MEDIA OR IN A FUTURE BROCHURE.
- WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY CONTROLLER MALFUNCTIONS AND WE REQUEST YOU TO BRING YOUR OWN PLAYSTATION 4 CONTROLLER. (Always make sure you switch off your controller before leaving your group).